Monday, November 30, 2009

Rebbeca F.




Hi Dawn,
Thank you so much for organizing this contest. My name is xxxxx My cricut.com xxxxxxx. This is the first scrapping contest I have ever entered, so I thought I would give it a shot. I just got my gypsy and am pretty new to scrapping, but I really like how this turned out. Hope you like my "Family Time" clock. I have attached my three pictures. Here are my directions....

1. I bought an old clock at a garage sale.
2. I traced a 12 inch circle onto a piece of color patterned cardstock (for this particular clock, I used a variety of two sided cardstock from June Bug) to cover the clock face. (I used the clock cover to trace the circle to fit. I have a babybug, so I cannot cut a 12 inch circle. If you have an Expression, you could easily cut this circle without tracing.)
3. I used a pen cap to trace, and cut out, using an exacto knife, the center circle cutout so that the clock hands could fit through the center of the circle. You could also use a circle punch if you have one.
4. Using my gypsy, I cut the numbers for the clock using Gypsy Font in 2 inches height.
5. I also used my gypsy and Gypsy Font to shadow the numbers for the clock. For 10, 11, and 12, I welded the numbers together to make them look more uniform. I then glued the font numbers to the shadow.
6. Then I used my gypsy and Gypsy Wonderings to cut "Family" and "Time" in 2 inches height (they are already welded in this cartridge). (midnight blue Bazzil cardstock) Using a silver gel pen, I dotted the font to make it stand out and give a small embellishment.
7. I also used my gypsy and Gypsy Wonderings to cut the shadow for "Family" and "Time". I then glued the font onto the shadow.
8. Using my gypsy, I cut the center spotted circle design, 4 inches height, from the Accent Essentials cartridge. (For this clock, I used midnight blue Bazzil cardstock).
9. Using my gypsy, I then used Doodlebug cartridge for the "wavy line hearts shadow" and the "basic heart" 1.5 inches height, that goes in the middle of the wavy heart. I outlined the regular heart with a black marker to make it "pop off" the shadow background
10. I glued all items down using scrapbook adhesive glue.
11. I put batteries in the back of the clock.
12. I replaced the plastic cover over the clock.
13. I hung the clock in our family room.
I really enjoyed re-furbishing this old clock. I love the vibrant colors and design of the paper I chose. I hope you enjoy it too.
Thank you so much for your consideration.


No comments:

Post a Comment