Wednesday, December 2, 2009
2nd Place is Katie C. and her 2 page layout
3rd Place is Shelia with framed Christmas decor.
Thank you all for participating I loved seeing all the work and I had fun putting this together. I think after the holidays busy rush is over and everyone is not so busy (and we have a new year of donations available to businesses I will do another one.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
I added the pictures to this one! Sorry I’m so stupid! The house is the left hand page and the ice skating page is the right hand page. Thanks again!
Carts – winter woodland, Christmas, gypsy wandering and gypsy font
Zig 2 way glue
Stampin up markers
1. Cut 7 snowflakes from gypsy wandering @ 1”
2. cut snowman from winter woodland @ 3” with all pieces and assemble
3. cut sign from Christmas @ 2.5” with all pieces and assemble
4. cut monogram letter from gypsy font @ .963” and attach to sign
5. cut lamppost from Christmas @ 3” with all pieces and assemble
(I like to ink my pieces to add a little flare.)
6. cut house from winter woodland @ 7” with all pieces and assemble
7. cut 5 snowflakes from gypsy wandering @ 1”
(I like to use my brayer to rub the pieces of paper onto the mat before cutting.)
8. cut tree @ 6.5” and 5.5” from Christmas and assemble
(snow is done with liquid appliqué that has been heated with a heat gun.)
9. cut “The Magic of Winter” from winter woodland @ 3.5” with shadow and layers and assemble
10. cut snowman from winter woodland @ 3.3” with layers and assemble
11. cut trees from Christmas @ 6” and assemble
12. cut ice skater from winter woodland @ 3” and assemble
13. cut circle from gypsy wandering @ 8.7” x .6”
14. assemble pages using the picture as a guide
15. cut two photo mats @ 4x4 and 4.5x4.5”, ink and assemble
16. wrap ribbon around mats and tie a bow
17. cut a mat to measure 4x6 and 4.5x6.5”, ink and assemble
18. wrap a ribbon around mat and tie a bow
19. add mats to layout
I just wanted to thank you for doing this. It was a lot of fun to participate in. You are such a sweetheart!
Hi Dawn here are the directions for my item for the contest,
first I painted a 7"by 9" canvas using white, red and brown paint
then I cut out the stick from the pagoda cart and layered with foam dots, the flowers were cut first in pink then in vellum and layered, then using a stylus I ran it over the glued flowers to give them some dimension. then I cut out a butterfly from gypsy wanderings 2 times, once in the pink and one time in vellum, i then only adhered the vellum to the bottom to give it some dimension, then I cut out the words I welded on my gypsy using the gypsy font live laugh love, then glued it on the bottom. All other items were then glued into place.
My item I called it "live laugh love"