Monday, November 30, 2009

Mary M.



Well Dawn (also the judges) Thank you so much for all your hard work organizing this contest. The entry I am submitting is a party bag for little ones to celebrate the New Year complete with “party favors”. Here are the Instructions:
Supplies: cartridges Gypsy Wanderings, Gypsy Font, TBBM, Celebrations, and Stand and Salute.
Cardstock: black, blue white Stickles: black diamond, diamond,
MS glitter: copper, antique gold, dark blue, waterfall
Antique silver Stamps: Jan. M’s $1 stamp, Peachy
Silver brads and ribbon Keen Winter faces
My Mind’s Eye “sweet dreams paper” using the blue snowflakes
Best Occasions-prismatic paper pack from Walmart
Pop-ups and rhinestones
Instructions:
From TBBM you will select the inch bag, window cut at 7” on pg.128. I then used the GF to write the #2010 @ 1.25 shadow feature and then positioned them diagonally in the window frame. After careful positioning hit weld then make a 2nd page and repeat the #’s only do not use shadow feature .I used the Mind’s eye card stock for my base and the prismatic for the #’s on second page. After cutting, cut a piece of vellum and adhere to inside of bag with your favorite adhesive. Glue numbers to the shadow base on bag. Score bag. I used large brads spaced ¾” in from the score marks front and back. At this time you may stamp lower right corner of bag with appropriate stamp then finish putting bag together. I like to use terrifically tacky tape on boxes and bags. (Say that 3x’s fast lol).
Embellishments: Snowman was cut from GW at 2.5 His hat and horn-blower were cut from celebrations cart at 1” both for the shadow and main cut. Face was stamped with Peachy Keen stamps and chalk added to cheeks, rhinestones for buttons and a piece of ribbon for the scarf. Then I added stickles to hat and party
favor. Finally rather than snowflakes I decided to use the fireworks from Stand and Salute to make it a real party! They are cut @ 1.03 high and 1.27 wide. I cut the shadow from the prismatics paper and the reg. cut from plain white cardstock. Then, for that extra sparkle I ran the white cardstock thru the xyron twice, front and back and then alternated the 3 types of MS glitter to get a burst of color. Mounted them on pop dots, added a few more stickles on #’s and Jan stamp. Attach ribbon. Voila you’re done. I intend to fill them with Lindsor chocolates, horn-blowers, bubbles of course a few glow sticks so my grandkids can enjoy the party as well. Hope you enjoy this, xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment